If you would like to dedicate your child at our next dedication ceremony, please contact read the following information.
I am glad that you are interested in dedicating your child or children. Our next Child Dedication ceremony will be Sunday, September 16 Please look at this information below to prepare of this special occasion.
What You Should Know in Preparation for a “Child Dedication” Ceremony
Deuteronomy 6:1-9 “These are the commands, decrees, and regulations that the Lord your God commanded me to teach you. You must obey them in the land you are about to enter and occupy, and you and your children and grandchildren must fear the Lord your God as long as you live. If you obey all his decrees and commands, you will enjoy a long life. Listen closely, Israel, and be careful to obey. Then all will go well with you, and you will have many children in the land flowing with milk and honey, just as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, promised you. “Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
· In Hebrew, these verses are known as the Shema (“hear” in Hebrew). It is the classic Hebrew confession of faith, describing who God is and what our duty is towards Him.
· Jesus called this the great commandment (Matthew 22:37-38); and He said the second commandment, “you shall love your neighbor as yourself,” was like this first, great commandment. When we love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, and mind, we will find it easy to love our neighbor as ourselves.
· These words which I command you today shall be in your heart: This great command must first be in our heart. Then it must be communicated to our children, the topic of our conversation, and should always be in front of us - as near as our hand or our forehead, as ever before us as our doorposts and gates.
1 Samuel 1:24-28 “When the child was weaned, Hannah took him to the Tabernacle in Shiloh. They brought along a three-year-old bull for the sacrifice and a basket of flour and some wine. After sacrificing the bull, they brought the boy to Eli. “Sir, do you remember me?” Hannah asked. “I am the woman who stood here several years ago praying to the Lord. I asked the Lord to give me this boy, and he has granted my request. Now I am giving him to the Lord, and he will belong to the Lord his whole life.” And they worshiped the Lord there.”
What can we apply to our lives from these scriptures?
· As parents we have the privilege of being an example of obedience to God’s Word and benefits of His blessings both spiritually and physically.
· Our children should not only hear us talk about Jesus’ teachings but they should see us live out Jesus’ teachings.
· Our homes should remind us of God’s Word.
· Our homes should be a place of spiritual growth and rest.
· We can place our faith and trust in God for our children’s spiritual direction.
· We are to do our part in raising our children in a godly manner. Notice Ephesians 6:1-4 “Children, obey your parents because you belong to the Lord, for this is the right thing to do. ‘Honor your father and mother.’ This is the first commandment with a promise: If you honor your father and mother, ‘things will go well for you, and you will have a long life on the earth.’ Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord.”
· By God’s grace our children will be saved and worship His Son Jesus with their heart, soul, mind and strength.
Ephesians 2:4-10 “But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved! For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus. God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”
Here are a few things to have done the Wednesday before your child’s dedication ceremony.
Please email a picture of your child to Ridge@crosscreekfountain.com. We will put this picture on the big screen during the dedication ceremony. Include a passage of scripture that you would like for the child to grow up knowing. We will read this during the ceremony as well. Finally, include Parent(s) first and last name, the child’s or children’s first and last name and please include which service will be attending i.e. 1st or 2nd.
Sometimes I am asked by a parent, “What bible verse should I use?” Pick one that speaks to your heart. One that is appropriate for this occasion. Here are some suggestions for passages of scripture that you might want to use in dedicating your child. However, these are not exclusive.
Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
1 Chronicles 4:10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.
Psalm 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
Psalm 91:1,2 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Matthew 10:27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Psalm 143:8-10, Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. 9 Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD, for I hide myself in you. 10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions. The office is 382—5535. Or email me at email@example.com.